The practice has operated a dispensary since 1997 and on average dispenses 9500 prescriptions per month. It serves those patients who live more than one mile from the village chemist shop.
The dispensary opening times:
- Monday 08:30-18:30
- Tuesday 08:30-18:30
- Wednesday 14:00-18:30
- Thursday 08:30-18:30
- Friday 08:30-18:30
Please note due to staff training the dispensary will be temporarily closed Wednesday mornings (including telephone lines), reopening at 14:00.
How to request repeat prescriptions:
- By hand: pop your repeat request in the external surgery post box.
- By post: send your repeat slip by post and as soon as it arrives, we’ll be happy to process.
- By Patient Access. If you are not registered to use this service, please complete our Register for Online Services form.
- By NHS App.
Please note we are unable to receive third party prescription requests.
The Dispensary is available to receive telephone calls between 10:00 and 12:00 noon and 14:00 and 17:00 daily (with the exception of Wednesday mornings). This is for prescription queries only. Telephone number: 01508 522769.
The dispensary will notify when your prescription is available for collection by text or phone call. Prescriptions dispensed by the local chemist will be sent electronically, unless otherwise stated.
We have an automated system for dispensing patients who are on regular 28-day medication, the dispensary can provide you with a list of dates when your medication is due for collection, please collect within the week of the due date. If you do not have a list, please ask for one on collection of medication.
Please allow five full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
If you have a medication query or your medication is not showing on repeat, please contact us.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
You can request an appropriate appointment for your medication review instead, to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
- Megan Gardiner – Dispensary Manager
- Rachael Baker – Dispensary Supervisor
- Rebecca Woods
- Suzanne Middleton
- Karen Critoph
- Jorden Beales
- Michelle Cooper
Our friendly practice dispensary team is led by Megan Gardiner, dispensary manager. Megan has a team of six dispensing colleagues who between them provide an invaluable and efficient service.
If you need urgent medication, please speak to a member of the dispensary team, who will be happy to help.
Urgent medication out of hours
If you require urgent medication when the practice is closed, the following chemists will be able to help:
- Boots – Unit 5 Albion Way, Riverside Retail Park, Norwich. Telephone: 01603 662894
- Monday to Friday, 08:30-24:00
- Saturdays 08:30-18:00
- Asda – Acle Road, Great Yarmouth. Telephone: 01493 843900
- Tesco – Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, Norwich. Telephone: 0845 6779503
- Monday to Saturday 08:00-20:00
- Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Tesco – George Westwood Way, Beccles. Telephone: 01502 543847
- Monday 08:00-10:30
- Tuesday to Friday 06:30-22:30
- Saturday 06:30-22:00
- Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Haydens – High Street Surgery, Lowestoft. Telephone: 01502 580002
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.